All money raised by returning recyclables goes towards our Young Parent Bursary. To keep supporting this wonderful initiative, please use account number 143 at the Courtenay Depot and 260 at Comox Depot when returning. Thanks again for your continued support.
We are looking for a contractor to clean and care for our 2 facilities Teddies and Toddlers Childcare Centre and Little Friends Early Learning Centre 3 hours per night (15 hours/week) in order to ensure they are maintained in a safe and healthy manner.
Main Activities Include:
- Mop floor areas
- Vacuum all carpeted areas
- Dust all furniture and fixtures as required
- Wash and disinfect all washroom floors, toilets, toilet seats, hand dryers and fixtures
- Replenish toilet tissue and soap as needed
- Empty all waste baskets and garbage cans
- Place garbage in outside storage bin
- Keep outside area near exit and entrance clear of snow, cans, paper, etc.
- Wash all finger marks from walls, doors, hardware and glass
- Clean kitchen sinks and counters
- Maintain storage areas and cleaning equipment, materials and supplies in a safe and orderly manner in order to ensure the safety of staff and the public
- Perform other related duties as required
The applicant must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- knowledge of standard cleaning procedures, chemicals, products and equipment
- Knowledge of the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System
- ability to read and understand labels and instructions, particularly on the use and application of cleaning chemicals and products
- ability to work under little supervision.
The applicant must demonstrate the following skills:
- effective decision making skills
- problem solving skills
- effective verbal and listening communications skills
- time management skills
- ability to work with little or no supervision
The applicant must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- be honest and trustworthy
- be respectful
- possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
Please submit your quote for this contract position to Cary Keighley at: email@example.com
Duties Involve: Planning and implementing activities, individualized programming for children, ensure a safe, clean and engaging environment for children, interact respectfully with families and other staff members, provide daily primary care of the children such as feeding, diapering, and settling, record children’s’ growth, development and behaviors and work co-operatively with other Early Childhood Educators.
Requirements: Current Early Childhood Educator License to Practice. Current Child Care First Aid. Clear Criminal Record Check.
Desired Education/Experience: Current IT License to practice or willingness to work towards. Previous experience with infants and toddlers in a child care setting.
Competitive wages offered.
Contact: The Today ‘N’ Tomorrow Learning Society, PO Box 3785 Stn Main, Courtenay, BC, V9N 7P2
Please apply by fax, e-mail to: